23. September 2007

"overweight"

today, i drove my second "real" slalom, and i came out 5th (out of 6).
if i hadn't knocked over two traffic cones, i would have been fourth. but regardless of that, there was no chance to get a cup this time - the other participants in my group were customized cars (of renault clio or vw polo size) with more horsepower and less weight than my beemer. they had a much better timing - which means: my beemer is too heavy.
nevertheless, i did a good job - with each round, i was able to improve my timing for about 1 second. now i need to work on my precision. and on my u-turns.
still a long way to go...

annotations:
yeah, you're right. this is supposed to be a vette blog. but you can't drive slaloms with a vette - they're too long, and their ground clearance is too low. so this is why i take my beemer for this.

Keine Kommentare: