14. Dezember 2007

dreamin'

did i mention that less driving leads to frustration?
it must have been frustration that made me look up old photographs.
when i was that small, i never dreamt of having my own corvette one day... i even never knew that there were such things as corvettes.

when i had my driving license test, the instructor asked me whether i was dreaming of becoming a racing driver - which was his way of criticising me (i still tend to ignore speed limits, he he). i always loved driving and hardly couldn't wait until i was 18* at least; placing my ass on the driver's seat for me always had been connected with dreams of freedom, speed and adventure. but i got my license nevertheless...

now i dream of spring, of warm, dry weather.
of sunshine...

sunshine... yeah.
once i was drying my baby after washing it, and i made long tender strokes with a soft cloth on the flaming red hull that glistened in the sunlight.
an old couple which was walking by stopped to watch me.
after a while, the old man addressed me the following way: "it's fun to watch you caressing this beautiful car..."
i answered that "everything that is beautiful needs to be caressed..."
he laughed. "my wife's telling me just the same!"

now i can't wait to wash my baby again.
i dream of it.

*in germany, you have to be at least 18 years old to get a driver's license

Keine Kommentare: